- Do I need a referral?
Yes. When you are visiting one of our sport and exercise physicians or visiting specialists you will require a referral from your GP or treating doctor if you wish to receive a higher rebate from Medicare. You do not require a referral to see one of our registrar sport and exercise physicians or allied health professionals (dietitian, physiotherapist, podiatrist or psychologist)
- Do I get a rebate?
For our sport and exercise physicians & specialists you are eligible for a rebate through Medicare with the correct doctor’s referral. Unfortunately, consultations are not covered through Private health insurance. Your Private health insurance may apply for certain surgical options, please contact your treating surgeon to discuss further.
For allied health care practitioners you are eligible for a rebate through your Private health insurance depending on your level of cover.
- Do you offer on the spot rebates?
Yes. The clinic offers on the spot Medicare and HICAPS rebates. You will need to have your Medicare or Private health insurance card with you on the day for this to be processed
- How long will my appointment take?
Appointment duration will vary depending on the treating practitioner. Some may require further investigations (X-ray, MRI, Ultrasound) to be ordered. These may be performed on the day or you may be required to return for a follow up consultation to review your results.
We recognise that your time is valuable and we make every effort to run on time. Occasionally emergencies occur or patients require more time than anticipated. This may cause scheduling delays beyond our control. To avoid disappointment we recommend you do not make any other significant appointments on the morning or afternoon that you visit the clinic.
We apologise if we keep you waiting.
Please see our contacts page to enquire with your specific treating practitioner on appointment times.
- What should I bring to my appointment?
- If seeing a sport and exercise physician or specialist please bring a GP referral.
- Copies of investigation reports, operation reports, X-rays, MRI's, CT scans or any other relevant information.
- Please remember to bring your Medicare and Private Health Cards as we have on the spot claiming available.
- Wear comfortable clothing if possible so the doctor can easily access your area of concern.
- If seeing our podiatrist please bring previous or current foot orthoses and regular footwear.
- How much will my consultation be?
Our practitioners’ fees vary so please see our contacts page to enquire with your specific treating practitioner.
- Do you have a cancellation Policy?
Yes. We will send you a confirmation text 48 hours prior to your appointment. Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment please respond via text message or call the clinic during business hours allowing at least 1 days’ notice.
- Do you only treat athletes and sports related injuries?
No. We see all patients from elite and recreational athletes to members of the greater community, regardless of your age or fitness level. We specialise in the treatment of all musculoskeletal injuries however, we have a broad range of specialists at the clinic covering a wide range of conditions.
- Do you treat WorkCover and Third Party patients?
Yes. However, not all of our practitioners do so please call the clinic to confirm. When coming for your appointment ensure that you have all approval forms and contact details of the insurer with you.
You will need to complete this online registration form prior to your appointment.
- Do you treat Defence and DVA patients?
Yes. However, not all of our practitioners do so please call the clinic to confirm.
When attending your appointment please ensure that you have all approval documentation with you.
- Is there parking available?
Yes. The entrance to the clinic is on Moore Park road. There is ample free parking provided for patients which is located in the carpark off Driver Avenue (next to the Rugby League central building). Please see link below for directions